Aveanna Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant COTA 2K Bonus Full Time in La Crosse, Wisconsin
Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant COTA 2K Bonus Full Time
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
La Crosse, WI 54601
$25.00 - $35.00 per hour
Aveanna Healthcare is Growing!
Hours:Full Time Mon-Fri
Serving:La Crosse and the surrounding cities
As an AveannaOccupational Therapy Assistantyou will utilize your clinical expertise to provide skilled education, treatment, and interventions as directed by the Physician in the home health plan of care. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, receiving and providing pertinent updates to optimize patient well-being.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides direct occupational therapy according to directions of occupational therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
• Communicates with and regularly updates the patient and/or caregiver regarding the plan of care.
• Provides skilled therapy services, treatments and procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety.
• Reports observations of the patient’s condition to the designated supervisor(s), and/or the patient’s physician, as appropriate.
• Treats clients to relieve pain and/or develop or restore function to maintain maximum performance.
• Provides skilled teaching to the patients, family members, and caregivers regarding the safe use of assistive devices and durable medical equipment.
• Educates patients and caregivers in carry over regarding issues concerning rehabilitation and adaptation techniques needed for recovery.
• Collaborates with other service disciplines to discuss the patient plan of care.
• Plans for client’s discharge, prepares discharge instructions, and communicates discharge plan with patients, family members, and caregivers.
• Participates in in-service programs.
• Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
• Complies with ethical and professional standards of conduct as set forth by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
• Ensures confidentiality of patient records/information. Observes, records, and reports (1) signs and symptoms; (2) reactions to treatments and medications; and (3) any change in the patient’s physical or emotional condition to the patient’s physician and to the RN on the case if applicable, on a timely basis.
• Records clinical and progress notes at the time of the visit to ensure continuity of qualitative patient care on a timely basis.
• Completes daily report and any required documentation in a timely fashion to ensure agency operating schedules.
• Maintains consistent attendance.
• Submits all credentials in a timely manner.
• Performs all responsibilities in a professional manner.
Why Join Our Team?
• Our clinical team is a family of clinicians who work together to meet the needs of each patient.
• Nationwide career opportunities where our leaders encourage advancements.
• Our clinicians enjoy the flexibility of getting to build rapport with patients to produce the best clinical outcomes.
• We know that our clinicians make or break the organization’s success.
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
• 401(k) with match
• Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
• PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
• Graduation from an Occupational Therapist Assistant education program from an accredited university/program.
• Current, unrestricted state license as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of practice.
• Valid CPR
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California (https://www.aveanna.com/CCPANotice.html)