Amentum Firefighter/EMT in Kwajalein, Marshall Islands
The Firefighter/ EMT is responsible for responding as a team member of the fire and emergency crew to save lives; provide first aid; preserve property, the environment, and mission functions. Additionally, responsible for mitigating hazards during fires, medical emergencies, hazmat incidents, personnel rescues, natural disasters, aircraft incidents, and other emergency events.
• Provides medical support for medevacs and marine department as needed. • Maintain, inspect and submit requests to order EMS supplies and equipment. • Conducts inspections, operations, testing, and first preventive maintenance to ensure readiness and serviceability of all apparatus, equipment, property, and personal protective equipment assigned. • Performs all responsibilities of an EMT assigned to the ambulance and or engine companies. • Conducts fire risk management surveys, company inspections and prepares pre-fire plans. • Provides fire/EMS safety training and education to the work force to include CPR and EMR. • Utilizes power and manual tools and equipment as may be required. • Conducts quarterly facility inspections. • Conducts fire ground tasks, functions and station duties. • Work on other islands within the Atoll as part of an assigned crew performing duties associated with F&ES operations onthose islands. • Responds to off-duty recalls as required. • Operates as a 911 Communications Center Operator (CCO) and dispatches crews accordingly. • Attends all training, instructs classes as required, and participates in the DoD Firefighter Certification Program (FFCP)and physical fitness program. • Perform other duties as assigned
• Capable of performing all duties of interior structural firefighting (OSHA 1910.156 requirement). • Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable. • Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions. • Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions. • Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Working under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, EMS Protocols, industry standards and accepted trade practice to mitigate medical emergencies. • Following and participating in all company safety policies, procedures and programs. • Effectively communicating with supervisors, co-workers and the community in a professional manner. • Completion of Patient Care Reports in the Emergency Reporting Data Base. • Thoroughly understanding policies, rules, regulations, practices and procedures of the F&ES organization. • Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable. • Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions. • Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions. • Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Two (2) years’ of work experience as a professional firefighter/EMT. • Graduate from a recognized Fire Academy resulting in International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), National Board or Fire Service Professional Qualifications (ProBoard), or Department of Defense (DOD) certification as a Firefighter I & II and Hazmat Awareness and Operations (HAZMAT Operations). • Aircraft Rescue Firefighter (ARFF) certified by IFSAC, ProBoard (NFPQ), or DOD. • Possess and maintain a current state or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) EMT license, and current CPR card. • Possess DoD, ProBoard or IFSAC Driver Operator Pumper, Driver Operator ARFF, Driver Operator MWS. • Posses Telecommunicator I and II certificate. • Meet the requirements of NFPA 1582 Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments. • Successful passing of the physical fitness exam IAW NFPA 1500, drug testing, and background investigation. • Possess a driver’s license
• Must have ability to obtain and maintain US Security clearance: NACI.
• Must have ability to obtain a passport.
• Preferred Associate’s degree or higher in Fire Science. Preferred skill in using a personal computer and Microsoft Office programs. • Preferred DOD, Pro Board, or IFSAC Certifications: o HAZMAT Technician o Inspector I o Instructor I o Officer
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
- Amentum Jobs