CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Systems Architect in Knoxville, Tennessee
Main location: United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Position ID: J1021-3023
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking Systems Architects for the Defense Media Activity to host service provider Web services for Department of Defense (DoD) organizations. The program provides fast, secure DoD management system to provide information sharing and various web-hosting for various DoD websites.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Knowledge of Networking and Security Group's design concepts in Hybrid Cloud architecture.
• Knowledge of licensing and support models and the conditions under which they are applicable.
• Must have good knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix, Windows, etc.)
• Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
• Design and implementation experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including multi-Forest and domains, DNS, Group Policy Object (GPO) configuration
• Knowledge of database technologies including Microsoft SQL
• Knowledge of web server technologies including Apache Tomcat and Microsoft IIS.
• Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services
• Expert in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging, etc.
• Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
• Azure Cloud Services experience; infrastructure solution delivery expertise, migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various tools both Microsoft native and third-party.
• Real-world experience building Infrastructure as Code on Azure
• Experienced with governance, compliance framework on Azure and able to design and implement right controls.
• Ability to define cloud readiness criteria, drive appropriate test and validation plan for go-live
• Professional level with building standards and design patterns on Azure.
• Expert level with different automation and orchestration tools within Azure and Azure Marketplace.
• Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
• Work closely with business stakeholders and pre-sales solution architects to shape solutions that deliver business outcomes
• Ability to effectively communicate compelling vision, architecture and complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Highly technical Azure Architect possessing 5+ years of IT platform implementation experience
• Clearance: Interim/Active Secret
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Cert: One of the following; Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP
• Azure certifications desired (one or more of the following):
• Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
• Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
• Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
• Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
• Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to cloud networking and hybrid cloud networking solutions.
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solutions using the Azure services.
• Deep hands-on experience in implementing Azure solutions in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments
• Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and containerized workloads
• Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
• Automated software deployment and configuration management.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Help educate enterprise customers on Azure, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Experience in private cloud integration
• Experience in the hands-on delivery of projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
• Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
• Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
• Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON desired
• Familiarity with Microsoft’s security offerings: Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Endpoint Protection
• Requires access to the customer site (needs to be able to travel to DMA/Ft. Meade)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jobs