TEKsystems Oracle Database Administrator in Knoxville, Tennessee
Deploys and manages enterprise Oracle 19c databases, operates independently for all sizes of databases, performs routine, complex and emergency database administration tasks to ensure and maximize service availability; Leads and directs teams for large-scale projects, new implementations, upgrades, etc. Provides direction and support to junior staff. Serves as expert and leader of the database services teams. Work is completed with no oversight; delivers accurate and quality work, and must have ability to grasp new technologies.
• Responsible for critical, high impact services with large (e.g. campus-size) user bases
• Responsible for resolution of high impact or urgency problem and incident management issues
• Oversees the resolution of lower impact or urgency problem and incident management issues by junior staff
• Fulfills service requests for Oracle databases under the responsibility
• Reviews the work of Junior DBA to ensure that services requests are correctly and effectively performed
• Accountable for the performance of databases
• Leads projects, including planning, managing resources, and delivering final products
• Responsible for overall work efforts in the development and implementation of new Oracle databases under the direction of more tenured DBAs
• Directs and supervises projects team members efforts
• Researches and trains on new Oracle database technologies
• Provides instruction, direction and mentoring to more junior staff
• Follows and creates documentation (e.g. instructions, configurations, best practices, service information)
• Possesses expert domain knowledge in database area and knowledge of related areas
• Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and functional teams on large-scaled projects
• Performs other related duties as required
database administrator, oracle, oracle database, performance tuning, database management, linux, oracle 11g
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs