Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Sr - FBM Reentry Program in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn about the Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Project Engineer to support the FBM Reentry Program Management Integrated Product Team (IPT). In this role, you will:
• Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility
• Organize activities concerned with risk management, technical developments, cost management, scheduling, and resolving engineering and design test problems
• Support ad hoc tasking by Program Technical Leaders
• Experience with project management lifecycle steps
• Experience in analyzing and accessing project decisions based on schedule, cost, or technical impacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical, or a similar field (i.e. Mechanical, Systems, Industrial, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials Science, etc.)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers and communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) to prepare reports, graphs, and visual presentation aids, perform measurements, and interpret data
• Experience in Project Execution or Program Management (or similar role), supporting programs achieve their cost, schedule, and technical goals
• Experience in project engineering activities including budget planning, cost analysis, proposal development, schedule management, and risk and opportunity management
• Understanding of engineering principles and processes especially with FBM Reentry products and processes
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail, quality, and whole system thinking
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $82,200 - $157,500. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
By bringing together people that use their passion for purposeful innovation, at Lockheed Martin we keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel development and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
At Lockheed Martin, we place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture that you align with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your past experience aligns with the job requirements, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Management
- Lockheed Martin Jobs