Ruppert Landscape, Inc. Assistant Field Manager in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Ruppert Landscape Ruppert Landscape provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ruppert Landscape complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Job Category: Landscape Maintenance Description:
Assistant Field Manager - Landscape Maintenance
Position Description The Assistant Field Manager is responsible for assisting the Field Manager in managing labor and material in the field to complete assigned contract maintenance and snow removal projects. In addition, assistant field managers must develop the people that report to them. Success in this position is indicated by jobs in which contracts are renewed, jobs completed in the budgeted hours, and low negative turnover of assistants and crewmembers. This position must cooperate with other landscape management field managers and enhancement field managers to see that the overall goals of the branch are met.
- * Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the company operates, the short-and long-term goals of the branch, and the financial position of the branch.
- * Get to know their people in an effort to help them develop within the company.
- * Be an active part of our training process by attending or conducting certification training sessions on a regular basis.
- * Plan, schedule and supervise daily production activities on assigned contracts.
- * Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job hours, reports, and job costs regularly and acting as needed. Communicate budget hours to crewmembers.
- * Monitor quality of work and be proactive in bringing issues to the customer's attention by inspecting the job at the end of each day.
- * Maintain assigned vehicle and equipment in good working order.
- * Demonstrated skill and ability to manage others at other levels.
- * Demonstrated skill and ability to work with service customers.
- * At least one year of experience doing contract maintenance work in a commercial setting.
- * Two or four-year horticultural or related degrees and two years of industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for a non-related degree, a two-year degree, or no degree.
- * Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems and schedule appropriate treatment.
- * Working knowledge of vehicles and equipment used in contract maintenance and snow removal.
- * Valid driver's license with a clean record over the last three years.
What we provide:
- * Competitive salary
- * Medical benefits with dental and vision
- * Flexible Spending Account
- * 401(k) plan
- * Flexible work/life balance
- * Family-oriented company culture
Ruppert Landscape is a commercial landscape construction and management company, a family-owned and employee-owned business, headquartered in Montgomery County, MD, with operations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware, and Tennessee. Our mission is to provide opportunities for our people, take excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the environment and our community.
Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States PI210763452