Queen's Health Systems Medical Oncologist (Big Island) in Kamuela, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides medical oncology services to patients of North Hawaii Community Hospital (NHCH) through direct patient care.
• Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of cancer and other benign and malignant tumors.
• Provides physician oversight of chemotherapy administration, consults with other specialists on cancer treatments.
• May participate in teaching and supervision of students and residents.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Frequent: standing, walking, sitting, stooping/bending, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object.
• Occasional: twisting body, lifting and pushing/pulling.
• Operates a variety of medical equipment, computer, telephone, pager.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious agents is an occupational risk; therefore, standard safety regulations must be maintained to avoid contamination.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
• Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
• Current registration with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and a current State Controlled Substance license with the State of Hawaii Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED).
• Board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine with Medical Oncology subspecialty. If board eligible at time of hire, must obtain board certification within two (2) years of hire.
• During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member of the NHCH medical staff in good standing with appropriate privileges without restriction.
• Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
• One (1) year post residency experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs