Newell Brands Associate Stylemaster in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Position Title : Associate Stylemaster
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Reports To : Stylemaster Leader
Summary : This person will conceptualize and develop new products that improve the lives of our customers. In this role you will be involved in all aspects of customer facing graphic layout’s (Production Art) and color specifications. Collaborating with cross-functional teams and manufacturing partners, to align User Experience, Engineering, Marketing and Industrial Design specifications into production artwork.
• Strive for excellence in design, and consistency as you finalize production ready art based off rough or finished templates for posters and image boards.
• Proof final production ready art working with Adobe CC.
• Use established VBL’s (visual brand languages) to successfully execute control panel, and all customer facing graphic layout(s) with base templates or building templates
• Help Senior Stylemasters on multi-disciplinary project teams to execute on overall project objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design / technical Illustration / Industrial Design / Drafting
• A recent graduate or have less than three years of relevant experience
• Ability to travel at least once per quarter
• Demonstrate ability to work in team environments
• Ability to present in English.
• Digital Design Tools (Basic Awareness) Capable of navigating Adobe Creative Suite with knowledge of Engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Visual Communications (Basic Awareness) Demonstrates understanding of the specific media and mediums resident within the fields of communication design and the fundamental design components of each.
• Typography & Letterforms (Basic Awareness) Has a solid understanding of typographical families. Able to articulate the connections between letterform design with parallel graphic design trends. Understands the relevance of letterform to narrative.
• Feasibility Engineering (Basic Awareness) Capable of understanding Engineering drawings, as how they relate as an underlay in producing final art as a size and line-up template.
• Materials and Methods (Basic Awareness) Help in the execution of Technical Pre-press, observing design, engineering and marketing criteria.
• Interface Design (Basic Awareness) Principles of human factors as it relates to controls and functional surfaces.
• Human Factors (Basic Awareness) Knowledge of Human Scale and basic ergonomic principles.
• Performs other duties as needed
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs