Fish Hopper Restaurant ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE CHEF - FULL TIME in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
THE FISH HOPPER KONA
JOB DESCRIPTION SOUS CHEF
SOUS Chef Reports to:
Owner, Executive Chef, and General Manager
Under limited supervision, oversee all foods and pastry production. Assists the Executive Chef in development of menus, food purchase specifications, and recipes. Assists in supervision off all production and pastry staff. Maintains high professional food quality and sanitation standards. Represents The Fish Hopper with a professional and positive demeanor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan menus and work out food and labor costs not to exceed 10.5 % with the Executive Chef
- Plan staff schedules and supervise the activities of cooks and kitchen staff
- Discuss food preparation issues with Executive Chef, managers, and other staff members
- Order food, kitchen supplies and equipment under supervision of Executive Chef
- Demonstrate techniques to cooks and advise on cooking procedures
- Train and enforce sanitary regulations and Fish Hopper policies
- Assist in hiring, supervising, training and disciplining staff
- Assist and maintain portion and inventory control. Perform physical inventories monthly.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to plan a variety of menus and daily specials.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Organizational and Coordination skills.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Skills in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Ability to develop and test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training
``` - Maintain high level of personal cleanliness, good communication skills and enjoy cooking - Punctuality and flexibility to perform shift work on the basis of a 60-70 hour workweek schedule as required - Ability to work under pressure and stay calm in difficult situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 30 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than (8) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
*MUST HAVE A NEGATIVE TB TEST
*MUST HAVE FOOD HANDLER'S CARD
*PAY IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE
*MUST BE AVAILABLE DAYS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS
*INSURANCE AVAILABLE ONCE ELIGIBLE
THE JOB DESCRIPTION OF SOUS CHEF IS A GUIDE TO ASSIST SUCH EMPLOYEE IN HIS/HER POSITION. THE POSITION OF SOUS CHEF MAY EXPAND IN AREAS BEYOND THIS DESCRIPTION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS A LIMITATION OF THE POSITION. THE OWNER HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THIS DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.