Green Brick Partners Purchasing Agent - The Providence Group of Georgia in Johns Creek, Georgia
The Purchasing Agent must believe in, practice and initiate all Green Brick Partners values set forth in an acronym we call HOME. They must be Honest, Objective, Mature and Efficient in how he or she approaches their role at Green Brick Partners.
Responsible for entering into negotiations with suppliers by reviewing terms and conditions, contract formulation, and any supplier management conditions affecting the division.
• Complete estimates of costs and quantities of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques.
• Performs analysis of Trade Partner data submissions and manages impact of commodity fluctuations
• Maintain all applicable databases (Takeoffs, Newstar, etc.) used in developing the cost and quantity estimates
• Complete necessary customer pricing requests
• Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors
• Check and verify all completed estimates through field verifications and the prototype process, focusing on quantities
• Provide accurate and timely local supplier contracting based on defined category selection criteria i.e., cost quality, productivity, service)
• Manage supplier performance monitoring within the division (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
• Manage compliance to agreement, scopes, Etc.
• Manage and execute contract agreements consistent with sourcing guidelines
• Manage supplier relationships and assist in resolving issues and conflicts related to daily Trade Partner Activities
• Collaborate with Construction to update and maintain building schedule in Newstar
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
• Degree Preferred
• Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5 years
• Business acumen including understanding the impact of purchasing costs on income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
• Purchasing and supply chain experience
• Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment
• Ability to develop and improve vendor partnership
• Construction knowledge
• Ability to work in continuous improvement environment
• Require attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to read and understand plans.
• Intermediate skill in MSOffice Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to quickly learn purchasing specific software.
• Maintain good relationships with vendors, construction, and sales.
• Possess analytical problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Be able to work in a fast pace environment
Street: 11340 Lakefield Drive