COUNTY OF CARBON IT Specialist in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
BENEFITS: Highmark BC/BS, Vision, Delta Dental and Life Insurance. (First of the month following sixty (60) calendar days) County Retirement Plan. Aflac, optional. Paid time off -- Holiday from start. Vacation, Sick, Personal (after completion of six (6) month Initial Employment Period)
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB: To assist in the overall operations of the Information Technology (IT) department.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Associate Degree in Computer Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems Management would be helpful, not mandatory.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least two years working experience in data processing or computer information technology related assignments, as a computer systems analyst, computer programmer or management analyst or equivalent is required. Knowledge of a variety of software application package or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and/or experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Assist in maintaining the County social media, County website, and other collaboration software such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Assist System Analyst with the streaming of all County meetings on social media.
- Assists in acquiring documents from public meetings and posting to appropriate location on County website
- Performs/assists in the installation, configuration, testing and error diagnostics and resolution of network and non-network hardware which includes, but is not limited to rack-mounted servers, stand-alone servers, networked and non-networked workstations, printers, scanners, data back-up devices, un-interruptible power supplies (UPS), domain controllers, application servers, switches, routers, modems, network security and intrusion detection devices.
- Assists in the establishment of new user accounts, establish e-mail accounts, maintaining and monitoring these accounts,
- Assists in the installation, configuration, testing and error diagnostics and resolution of network software, Including all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and other various county software.
- Assists in establishing network/PC backup and restoration procedures and the execution of these established backup procedures using current technology.
- Daily monitors backups across the enterprise for completeness and accuracy
- Assists in the installation, diagnostics, and testing of network wiring and connectivity.
- Assists in the instruction and education of network/PC users on hardware usage, software usage and other procedures set forth.
- Performs evaluation, installation, replacement, testing and error resolution of PC related components and peripherals under the guidance of the Director (IT).
- Assists non-County computer related vendors on sub-contracted assignments to ensure the needs and interests of the County are met.
- Monitors, evaluates and resolves network intrusion threats, virus and cyber attacks
- Monitors software and hardware for necessary updates.
Performs clerical duties which includes but is not limited to filing and organization of licensing paperwork, purchasing paperwork, and other filing duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess ability to pay close attention to details, accuracy, and concentrate on work.
- Must possess initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with the public, co-workers and others.
- Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to County information and records.
- Must possess knowledge of specific hardware and wiring diagrams associated with installations, as well as the limitation and problems associated with network wiring
- Must possess the ability to comprehend and implement the steps ecommended for repairs with vendor technical support.
- Must possess the knowledge of County of Carbon departmental and inter-departmental operations.
- Possess a basic understanding of County departmental application software packages, operating systems, network software, backup software, and diagnostic software
- Must possess mechanical skills to install and replace various internal PC components.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and the ability to safely operate an automobile, either personal or County owned.
- Works indoors in adequate workspace, lighting, ventilation and temperatures.
- Works with average indoor exposure to noise, but subject to frequent disruptions and high levels of stress.
- Normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt.
- Travels frequently to sites away from the Administration Building to other County related buildings.
Subject to working evening or extended hours for meetings or other job-related duties.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing and walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, carrying, grasping and reaching as necessary to carry out essential job duties.
- Dexterity requirements range from simple to coordinated movements of fingers/hands; feet legs; and torso as necessary to carry out job duties.
- Sedentary work with occasional lifting/carrying of objects with weights of approximately up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to identify various internal and external components of Personal Computers for purposes of upgrading, enhancing, and/or replacement.
- Must demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work.
Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stress of the position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER