Amazon Corporate LLC Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager in Jersey City, New Jersey
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to manage the maintenance activities of Amazon's growing transportation middle mile fleet. The Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager is a new role that will be focus on maximizing the value and utilization of transportation assets over their lifecycle.
The Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager roles will be strategically aligned throughout the US network, with this specific requisition being based in Teterboro, NJ and its coverage area being the states of New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Responsibilities will include daily maintenance planning, decision making about when repairs and maintenance activities are required, managing third party onsite and offsite repair execution, and maximizing equipment uptime.
The Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager will manage maintenance cost and equipment ownership; establish professional relationships with vendors and operation management teams; drive improvement; hold vendors accountable for quality and cost; and achieving organizational targets.
Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager are part of the ATS TOM team. They are assigned to geographic regions where they own the uptime and cost aspects of maintenance. Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager direct and develop small teams (up to 20) of Fleet Asset Specialists within their region. Collectively, Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager and their Fleet Asset Specialists drive improvement in execution of our Middle Mile Maintenance processes. They control the demand of all unscheduled maintenance and know the acceptable levels of equipment health and appropriate equipment repair standards. Effective vendor management is a critical aspect of daily operations, as there are multiple vendors that operate daily within each geography. Surface Transportation Fleet Uptime Manager partner with a variety of customers (TOM team operations leaders, Amazon Freight Program carriers, and more) to ensure that their equipment concerns are promptly addressed.
Other responsibilities associated with this role will include:
* Manage Middle Mile equipment within geographic clusters of Amazon sites, including inspecting equipment, creating repair requests, monitoring repair execution, cost control and budgeting, ensuring on-time preventive maintenance, managing campaigns and recalls, and maintaining unit history (e.g., for washes, warranties, registrations)
* Responsible for the direction of and performance of Fleet Asset Specialists (FAS) in their region
* Responsible for the book of work orders in their region and its timely completion
* Maintaining relationships and oversight of vendors permitted to work on Middle Mile equipment and execution of vendor adherence to service level agreements within their region
* Supporting safety and compliance efforts by advocating for DOT compliance and participating in asset-related portions of post-incident workflows
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in training
* Drive maintenance best practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and improve customers' experience.
* Travel within the United States
* Stand and walk for long periods of time in in potentially extreme weather conditions
* Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or transportation OR equivalent experience
* A minimum of 3+ years of vendor management or maintenance experience
* Experience with Excel and generating reports using BI tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.