GAF Regional Controls Engineer IV in Jersey City, New Jersey
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Regional Controls Engineer IV provides technical expertise and direction for control and automation systems. This position assists with control and automation systems, data acquisition, and production network management.
The Regional Controls Engineer IV is also responsible for troubleshooting electrical problems as they relate to the production line process. This position will provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to the Plant Controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and repair skills.
Specific responsibilities include (divided into four major categories), but
are not limited to:
1. Plant engineering support:
Act as the primary internal engineering resource concerning control systems for each plant.
Identify opportunities to improve plant performance
Create, communicate, justify, and submit for approval control systems projects Manage contract resources to complete approved projects
Support the plant capital plan (1 and 5 year) for budgeting
2. Strategic project development:
Create and maintain a “systems health” report for obsolescence and
Identify and catalog all obsolete equipment within each operation.
Present cost and priority information each year in order to get depreciation for strategic projects in the respective plant plan.
Lead and facilitate strategic projects.
3. Plant support and troubleshooting:
Provide plant support in instances where local plant personnel are struggling. Provide relevant training for control systems where applicable
Provide troubleshooting expertise through remote support and onsite support when necessary Provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to plant controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and
4. Control Group Coordination:
Coordinate with controls group for information and Standards
Must maintain knowledge of contemporary technology and its application to this industry. Must communicate with controls team members through attendance at controls team meetings, conference calls, technical support (Based on GAF policies)
Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the manager of this position.
● Bachelor of Science in Engineering
● 5+ Years of Controls Engineering experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
● Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirements for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
● Proficiency with Rockwell Automation software - Studio 5000, RSLogix 500, FTView, CCW, and FTAC.
● Proficiency selecting, configuring, and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PowerFlex variable frequency drives
● HMI development experience - FTView and/or Wonderware
● Experience with maintaining Production networks, including servers and managed switches
● Expertise focused on electrical components, electrical power distribution systems, PLC’s, instrumentation, and variable speed AC drives
● Demonstrated process control experience in defining, designing, installing, and maintaining control logic systems and equipment in a continuous process manufacturing environment
● Effective communication skills.
● Proficiency selecting, configuring, and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley Kinetix servo drives
● Experience selecting, configuring, and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley safety PLCs, I/O, and STO hardware
● Controls experience with a continuous web handling operation
Consideration will be given based on geography, candidate experience, and qualifications.
Annual Salary Range: 0-0
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.
- GAF Jobs