New York Life Insurance Company Corporate Vice President, UX Design Lead/ Senior Designer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Job Requisition ID: [[id]]
At New York Life, we offer our clients sound finance advice through a protection-first lens. We use an outcome-orientation that’s delivered with genuine care and designed to offer real peace of mind. New York Life’s primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 115 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Agency’s digital experience team aims to accelerate the productivity and efficiency of our Career agents and managers through modern digital experiences. By better enabling our managers to recruit & develop agents, and better enabling our agents to manage their interactions with clients, the digital experience team will improve engagement, reduce friction, and elevate New York Life’s brand.
We’re looking for an expert user experience designer to help us maintain our suite of digital tools and direct the design of new features and enhancements. This person should leverage their extensive experience to anticipate project AND strategic level user experience changes to bring the best possible digital experiences to the field. This person will play a key role in solving complex user needs into simplified and elegant user solutions. They should have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
• Leverage extensive experience to anticipate project- and strategic-level user experience changes to bring the best possible digital experiences to the field.
• Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
• Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
• Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations.
• Provide input and feedback in both departmental discussions and on issues relating to other departments.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
A degree in design or a design-related discipline (industrial design, user-centered design, visual design, design strategy, design management, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, etc.)
Must have significant experience in UX design, with a strong understanding of UI principles and how to leverage them to successfully drive business outcomes.
• Proven track record of producing tangible results, informed by an understanding that enterprise software is not an academic exercise.
• Understanding of User Interface Design principals and Human Factors. Equally important is an innate sense of how people perceive and interact with software.
• Experience in tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Axure, Principle & In vision for creating wireframes, site maps, flow diagrams & interactive prototypes.
• Working knowledge of Sketch or Photoshop to design high resolution mockups is preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
The salary range for this position is between $115,000 - $175,000. This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus and benefits (https://www.newyorklife.com/careers/corporate/benefits) .
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation (https://www.newyorklife.com/foundation) . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visitLinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/newyorklife/) , ourNewsroom (https://www.newyorklife.com/newsroom/) and theCareers (https://www.newyorklife.com/about/careers/) page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: [[id]]