Jacobs Construction Manager (Airside) - Red Sea Remote Location in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you interested in being part of a challenging airport project in Saudi Arabia and making a major contribution within an iconic project? Make a difference, lead a world class commercial function in delivering a critical technical and programme consulting service for the airport project.
As a Construction Manager, your responsibilities includes but not limited to;
• Management and direction of the team of Engineers assigned to the Package Supervision Team;
• Acts as the prime point of contact for the Program Management team and construction supervision aspects of the project, including progress reporting, safety, ﬁnancial recommendations, quality control and design modiﬁcations;
• Builds a trusted relationship with the Program Management team and with the Stakeholders Interface teams;
• Establishes and maintains an appropriate working relationship with the Contractor’s Representatives and where appropriate within the Form of Contract cultivate an ethos of partnering;
• Veriﬁes and endorses documentation, reporting formats and communication forms presented in support of service delivery to the required quality, i.e. Progress Payments, Claims Reviews, Claim Reports, Variation Reports, Monthly Progress Reports, Audit Schedule, and other general contract management reports as requested;
• Monitors and ensures full and auditable document records are kept and maintained by the assigned document controller;
• Facilitate resolving design queries from the Contractor and provide technical advice as necessary in conjunction with the appointed consultants
• Issue site instructions and approval of variations and negotiating the value of contract changes, extension of time and ﬁnal cost;
• Evaluates all claims received from the Contractor and provide recommendation to the Contracts Manager and participate in all negotiations necessary to resolve claims as directed by the Project Director;
• Monitors progress of construction against the Project Master Schedule. Uses effective project management and controls systems to regularly report on progress to the client and the Program Team;
• Adopts the Quality Management Plan established for the project. Enforces effective project quality control procedures and ensures that they are audited in accordance with the contract requirements and project quality plan;
• Plans, budgets, organizes and coordinates activities for the effective management, control and reporting of the construction supervision of the project;
• Monitors the utilization of staff, ensuring they are fully utilized and adequately resourced in terms of numbers and capabilities, with no inefﬁciency;
• Prepares resource schedules to ensure proper supervision of construction activities.
• Promotes safe construction practices
• Maintains the high quality of construction determined in the contract.
• Manages negotiation and administration of changes to the work and claims.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
As a successful candidate you will have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years’ experience. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and client relationship skills. Experience in airport project is must. GCC region experience preferred but not essential.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs