Henry Ford Health System Behavioral Health Technician - High Acuity Behavioral Health (Contingent) in Jackson, Michigan
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, and in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines, and patient care plans, performs a variety of direct patient care activities for patients with addiction, behavioral problems or for mentally ill and imbalanced patients. Provides positive interactions and safe environment to maximize patient wellbeing. Notifies manager of any significant patient care issues.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
· Minimum of one-year college experience in Behavioral Health, Allied Health, Psychology or related field.
· If no college experience, must have at least one year of Behavioral Health Technician experience or applicable experience such as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
· Two or more years of experience as a Behavioral Health Technician in an inpatient psychiatric or addiction medicine setting preferred (depending on location hired).
· Ability to physically manage patients when necessary, in a safe and therapeutic manner.
· Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients providing comfort, empathy, encouragement, and support.
· Analytical skills necessary to assess patients and gather data relevant to patient care.
· Ability to work in cooperation with other health care providers to provide quality, safe care to patients.
· Complete BLS Heartsaver Certification during orientation.
· Maintain active BLS certification.
· Must complete WELLE training within first three months of becoming a
· Behavioral Health Technician (location specific).
· Maintain active WELLE certification.
Organization: Henry Ford Allegiance Hospital
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
OverviewUnder the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a $6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visitHenryFord.com.
BenefitsWhether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerEqual Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.