Safran Purchasing Project Manager in Irving, Texas
Purchasing Project Manager2021-05-24T18:56:57.293
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Irving, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
• Works closely with Purchasing team and client groups to ensure project success.
• Analyzes workflow in Purchasing recommends and implements improvements on an ongoing basis.
• Develops the financial analysis on business cases related to migration.
• Develop detailed project plan and operating cadence for project management.
• Manage timelines and execution to plan on various swim lanes.
• Partner with customers, peers and leadership in North America to ensure synergies to overall Purchasing roadmap.
• Identify and support change management initiatives.
• Manage risks to ensure compliance to external and internal requirements.
• Manage project scope within budgets.
• Works with third party vendors as needed on systems, etc.
• Collaborates with executive management for ongoing projects as needed.
• Prepares reports and presentations for executive review.
• Ability to effectively present the business cases and demonstrate its advantages
• Experience leading global projects of all sizes including large cross-functional initiatives
• Strong analytical skills; ability to use data analysis and empirical information to support conclusions and decisions
• Strong project management skills with proven ability to lead large scale implementations.
• Understanding of ERP systems and architecture.
• Process/Lean principles and tools.
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage to detailed schedules.
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
• Financial acumen and ability to build financial analysis.
• Exceptional Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or related field.
• 8+ years in related disciplines.
• Proven experience leading large scale projects.
• Proven Project Management fundamentals.
• Knowledge of ERP, required
• Knowledge of Purchasing and negotiations, a plus.
Specificity of the job
Some travel may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
- Safran Jobs