Great Lakes Home Medical Medical Equipment Driver in Iron River, Michigan
Summary / Objective
Responsible for delivery and set-up of equipment at the delivery address. Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered item.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Adheres to and implements all Rotech policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of:
- Current HME products and services offered by the company; and
- All applicable governmental regulations
- Manages territory to reach service goals and delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local governmental
- Delivers and educates patients on the safe use and maintenance of respiratory and HME equipment in the home or office setting.
- Completes written patient visit reports following setup and follow-up visits per company
- Assists in resolving customer equipment problems under emergency
- Processes all orders and required paperwork in a timely and accurate
- Develops basic reimbursement knowledge, completely documents all information required to ensure reimbursement of equipment, products and services.
- Develops technical knowledge, as appropriate, of the HME or respiratory products and services provided by the company.
- Assists with implementation of quality improvement programs to meet company and JCAHO
- Maintains home oxygen systems in patients' homes per company
- Assumes on-call responsibilities during non-business hours in accordance with company
- Reports equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains delivery activity database
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition
- Completes shipping papers when transporting hazardous materials in accordance to Rotech policy and procedures
- Communicates to supervisor any vehicle problems or conditions which would otherwise compromise the vehicle's safe operations.
- Prepares and maintains written company records to include invoices, work orders, manifests and logs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to company policies and procedures in regards to using personnel protective safety equipment
- Performs other duties as required
Decisiveness - Exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed Is proactive and achievement oriented.
Customer Service - Understands, meets, and exceeds customer expectations while seeking information to better understand internal and external customer needs and requests.
Personal Accountability - Accepts responsibility for own work and documents and resolves issues while completing tasks.
Reliability & Productivity - Attendance including timeliness in arriving to / departing from work, as well as, returning from lunch and breaks. Meeting schedules and deadlines; punctual and present when needed.
Resourcefulness - Uses available resources in day-to-day operations and to produce quality
"Getting it Right the First Time" - Ability to do the work assigned, to understand directions, and to effectively apply training (formal and informal) to actual Understand the issues relevant to the work that must be done.
Ownership - Ability to assume increased responsibility and control over assigned scope of
Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Ability to inform, listen, follow directions, provide follow-up and work effectively with others. Appropriate telephone etiquette.
Initiative - Ability to assume the full scope of responsibilities r