Indiana University Health Technologist-Surgical Skilled in Indianapolis, Indiana
Provides service and support before, during, and after surgical procedures. Assists in ensuring the presence and proper arrangement of surgical equipment, supplies and instrumentation in the operating room prior to each operation. Provides assistance to the surgeon in the operating room as allowed by professional and legal standards. Assists in the turnover of the operating room after the procedure ensuring proper routing and/or processing of all specimens, equipment, instrumentation and supplies. Works as a member of the surgical team with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, and other surgical personnel.
• Requires a High School Diploma/GED.
• Requires certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist obtained from the NBSTSA within four months of employment.
• Requires Basic Life Support Certification.
• Requires the ability to resource advanced technology.
• Requires 15 continuing education units annually as required by state law.
• Requires knowledge of various surgical procedures in order to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the surgeon within 12 months of employment.
• Requires knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and instrumentation.
• Requires strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field.
• REQNUMBER: 315395