Marriott SrMgr-Events (Bench) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Number 23162890
Job Category Event Management
Location SFLSALES Southern Region Florida Sales, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Oversees bench team of six or more managers executing 8,000+ annual event turnovers for MSB hotels needing above-property bench coverage. Represents event trends to MSB Regional Operation, Revenue Management, and Sales leadership. Oversees subset of hotels event activity. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for their experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management and knowledge of sales, inventory, PMS, and/or reservation systems.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Team of Individual Contributors
• Gatekeeps and coordinates bench requests to team.
• Verifies status of the team’s annual business goals that drive event performance (forecast to budget, turnover time, and actualization).
• Provides mentor and coaching support to help drive team results and professional growth.
• Identifies trends and opportunity areas to drive incremental revenues.
• Provides hotel teams and direct reports with tools to upsell.
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between field salesperson and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Supports other Event Managers with regular reporting, identifying trends and focus areas to execute revenue strategy across Region
• Trains new MSB Bench Event Managers and provides coverage in the event of turnover
• Ensures timely actualization and attrition/cancellation processing, where applicable
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
• Identifies trends and sets strategy to drive incremental revenues.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
" California Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $64,480.00 to $112,470.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $53,625.00 to $102,245.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $64,886.00 to $112,470.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $65,478.40 to $112,470.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others."
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
- Marriott Jobs