Applied Engineering Services, Inc. Electrical Engineer in Idaho Falls, Idaho
This job was posted by https://idahoworks.gov : For more information, please see: https://idahoworks.gov/jobs/2120633
Coordinate all phases of assigned area electrical engineering projects from concept, scope development, written specifications, design, equipment commissioning, and project closure.
Position Reports To:
Job Tasks and\ Responsibilities:
1. Designs electrical power systems according to National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements.
2. Performs load studies to size conductors, breakers, conduits, electrical panels, transformers, etc. for medium and low voltage electrical power
3. Performs lighting studies
4. Write specifications for procurement of electrical products and services
5. Convey design information to drafting/design personnel via sketches or other methods with sufficient detail for them to produce constructable drawings
6. Specifies testing requirements to ensure an installed system has been correctly constructed
7. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
8. Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
9. Performs arc flash studies.
10. Understand and implement designs from technical drawings
11. Interact with contractors and customers using verbal and written communication
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Registered Professional Engineer preferred
Ability to work under limited direction
Independently determine and develop approach to solutions
Proficient in MS Office
Ability to handle data with confidentiality
Excellent written and verbal communications
AutoCAD experience preferred
Competent with National Electrical Code
Familiar with SKM System Analysis preferred
NQA-1 experience preferred
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Eligibility for DOD/DOE security clearance
BS in Electrical Engineering
Work usually performed in a normal office setting; however, may require trips outside in inclement weather to other facilities. May be occasionally required to work outside normal business hours, including holidays and weekends, be on-call and travel on occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The incumbent may be occasionally required to work outside normal business hours, be on-call and travel on occasion.