Microchip Technology Engineer II, Design in Hyderabad, India
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
About the Position The chosen candidate will be a member of the IP Engineering group in Microsemi India and report to the IP Engineering Manager. This is a hands-on technical contributor role that will allow the right candidate to develop their engineering skills and participate in varied, interesting and challenging development projects. The successful candidate works to achieve operational targets with major impact on the departmental results.
• BSEE/ MSEE under Electronics or Electronics/ Telecommunications Engineering department
• 3+ years relevant digital IP/SoC development experience • A demonstrable track record of developing RTL solutions at the block and IP level
• Digital logic design background with a high level of proficiency in Verilog and VHDL
• Working experience of FPGA design flow • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• History of working to defined processes and procedures
• Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts
• Ability to deliver complex and large projects that span outside of immediate job area
• Perform with limited oversight
Very Desirable Characteristics
• Expert user of Synplify synthesis and Modelsim simulation tools
• Work experience in a multi-national engineering company
• Design familiarity with ARM AMBA bus systems
• Experience of System Verilog
• Knowledge of one or more of peripheral cores such as UART, GPIO’s, SPI, FIFO, I2C, memory controller, AMBA (AXI/ AHB/ APB/ Bridge) designs
• Background in Digital Soft IP development
• Working experience on Ethernet, DDR or high-speed protocols
• Experience designing solutions with Microchip (Microsemi) FPGAs
• Knowledge of processor-based systems
• MATLAB and C language programming skills
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Microchip Technology Jobs