Sam Houston State University Assistant Professor of Political Science (Public Administration) in Huntsville, Texas
Hiring Salary: Yearly-Faculty
Department: Dept of Political Science
Required Application Materials
• Cover letter that identifies interests, qualifications, and experience for the position.
• Current CV that includes, if applicable, a summary of previous teaching experience and the format of each course taught (i.e., face-to-face, online, hybrid).
• All graduate transcripts. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted during the application process; however, the successful candidate must submit official transcripts documenting all post-secondary degrees.
• Three letters of recommendation from supervisors who have worked with the applicant and are familiar with the applicant’s teaching and research abilities.
• Recent student teaching evaluations covering the last two semesters of teaching, if available. Those without teaching evaluations will need to upload a placeholder document in lieu of evaluations.
• Teaching statement, including a discussion of online pedagogy and how the applicant’s teaching will meet the specific needs of Sam Houston State University’s students.
• If available, sample syllabi for relevant courses.
The search committee will start to review applications on October 9, 2023.
The application process will remain open until the position is filled. Please direct questions to Dr. Fatih Demiroz (email@example.com).
Nature & Purpose of Position/Usual Duties:
The Department of Political Science at Sam Houston State University invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position starting in Fall 2024. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses per semester and engaging in research/scholarly activities. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in service activities such as program and curriculum development, face-to-face and online course development, and student recruitment and engagement.
Other Specifications/Instructions for the Position:
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.