deciBel Research, Inc. Senior Systems Engineer: BGI-2023 in Huntsville, Alabama
deciBel Research has an immediate opening for an experienced Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
The Senior Systems Engineer interacts with the Product Owner regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts and has ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
Education Requirements:Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline. Four years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
This position requires 10+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer on large-scale, Agile-based DoD software development programs.
- Must have experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance.
- Must have familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking, and build release practices.
Special Skills Desired:
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence is preferred. Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, including setup scripting, configuration, and maintenance, is preferred.
- Experience with safety critical and nuclear critical software development (DO-178C, AFMAN 91-119, DO-330, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience or certification as a SCRUM Master and/or Product Owner is a plus.
- Experience with source code control tools such as Git is a plus.
Applicant selected must have an active security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/decibelresearch/jobs/1562207-429619