ADTRAN, Inc. Senior Legal Counsel - R003123 in Huntsville, Alabama
Our Growth is Creating Great Opportunities!
Our team is expanding, and we want to hire the most talented people we can. Continued success depends on it! Once you've had a chance to explore our current open positions, apply to the ones you feel suit you best and keep track of both your progress in the selection process, and new postings that might interest you!
Thanks for your interest in working on our team!
Adtran Holdings, Inc. is a global dual listed company, headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, seeking Corporate Counsel. Corporate Counsel will support the Head of the Legal Department and will work with and support various groups across the Company, with a primary focus on securities, corporate governance, MandA, and equity issues.
Corporate Counsel will advise on corporate governance matters and support the work of the Board of Directors and its Committees, including:
- preparation for Board and Committee meetings
- preparing, managing, and implementing corporate governance and related policies
- preparing, managing, and implementing corporate policies.
- Staying up-to-date and keeping the legal team advised on external governance trends, SEC and NASDAQ issues, general legal issues and best practices.
- Supporting the stock administration department on equity matters and employee education.
- Providing legal training to members of management and business partners. Provide support for MandA transactions, including working with Corporate Development on deal structuring, planning, and assisting in due diligence, drafting, and negotiating agreements, and actively managing deal process and execution.
- Corporate Counsel will also support the legal team when needed on commercial contracts, compliance and other transactions and special projects. This includes coordinating with internal stakeholders, negotiating with external advisors or business partners, and engaging and/or conferring with outside legal counsel.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic counsel, support, and solutions within all areas of corporate governance, MandA, SEC reporting, and related litigation matters.
- Assist on cross-functional Company projects related to governance, subsidiary maintenance, compliance, and equity plan operations.
- Advise and assist with SEC reporting and securities compliance matters, including support in connection with preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, Section 16 filings, 8K and 10K filings and registration statements and all other related filings.
- Develop corporate governance policies and procedures based on federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Support the legal team, board, management, and shareholders with legal and regulatory advice and assist on various business transactions including U.S. and foreign legal filing requirements.
- Support with disclosure and reporting, including internal responding to inquiries from regulatory agencies and other applicable parties.
- Advise and stay current on legal and regulatory issues affecting the Company and the industry and on corporate governance trends and best practices, as well as SEC and Nasdaq developments.
- Advise and support Corporate Secretary for Board of Directors meetings, including preparation and review of resolutions, agendas, meeting minutes and materials.
- Collaborate on various legal, business, and administrative functions as needed by the senior management and the legal department generally.
- Prepare and implement training initiatives, as needed.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Licensed attorney, in good standing, with juris Doctor degree from ABA accredited law school.
- 3-plus years of experience in corporate governance and securities law at a law firm or in-house.
- Experience in corp rate law, governance, and compliance - international corporate governance management is a plus.
- Experience in navigating regulatory requirements, including SOX and Securities Exchange Act, specific to publicly listed US companies. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the company.
- Presentation skills to diverse groups ranging from management and employees to external shareholders and regulatory organizations.
- Able to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet-based legal research tools.
- Travel is not a routine part of this position. However, the willingness to travel both domestically and internationally is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity