Aerotek Maintenance Mechanic in HUNTINGTON PARK, California
Troubleshoots and fixes manufacturing equipment such as motors, drives, gear boxes, rollers, timing issues at the plastic extrusion & conversion plant quickly and efficiently
• Adjust components to obtain and maintain proper performance based on manufacturer specifications and company guidelines
• Install control and Distribution equipment such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels.
• Monitors and ensures that the equipment is in excellent condition for operation
• Capable of utilizing, obtaining, and retaining information gathered from the manufacturers manuals and drawings and using this information in maintaining those components and processes within the manufacturers’ specification, and training others on such information
• Provide Maintenance Supervisors’ with updated information on machinery conditions and report major issues throughout the day. (i.e. equipment issues, etc)
• Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on the equipment.
• Rebuild and repairs faulty equipment or systems.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Other duties may be assigned.
maintenance mechanic, plastic, motor, Maintenance technician, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical, Repair, Troubleshooting, Preventive maintenance, Blueprint
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment (required)
• 2+ years of experience with blown film or plastic converting equipment (a huge plus)
• Excellent mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to read blueprints and perform job layouts for electrical circuitry and devices.
• PLC knowledge (preferred)
• Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
• Mechanical / Electrical certification (preferred)
• Must supply your own tools (specialized tools will be provided)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and over time (you may be required to rotate schedules quarterly, plus weekends and holidays may be required)
• Read, write and ability to communicate clearly with others in English.
• A hard working, dependable, safety conscious individual with a strong work ethic
• A self-starter who requires little to no supervision
• Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook (e-mail)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs