Suez-Na Operations Manager in Huber Heights, Ohio
Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
· Plans, organizes, schedules, and coordinates the work of subordinates; provides training, direction, and leadership as needed or requested by crew members.
· Ensures that proper safety standards and precautions are developed and implemented for each assigned project and that employees are properly trained before any work begins.
· Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained, cleaned, and in good working order before assignment to a project or crew.
· Directs utility operation and maintenance activities including valve, pipeline, manhole, hydrant maintenance and repairs and assigns resources to complete assignments.
· Ensures each assigned project has adequate supplies, materials, and equipment available for efficient use of crew; performs job safety analyses for each assigned project; prepares necessary forms and paperwork to order supplies, equipment, and materials as required.
· Inspects all work for proper safety, construction, repair, restoration, or cleaning to assure that work is properly and efficiently completed in full compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
· Prepares reports and maintains records necessary to document and track work; maintains employee, equipment, supplies and material records for each project.
· Uses computer and associated software as required.
· Participates in trade or community organizations to promote the Suez brand
· Conducts performance appraisal of the staff within the department.
· Assists in the hiring/interviewing process of department staff.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs or ladders; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to extreme outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however limited exposure to higher noise level (within OSHA standards) may occur.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Valid Ohio Class II Water Distribution System Operator’s License, or ability to obtain within 6 months of start of employment
• Valid Class I Sewer Collection System License, or ability to obtain within 6 months of start of employment
• Valid Backflow Certification is a plus.
• Valid Driver’s License in State of Ohio
• A current and valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B, and Air Brake endorsements.
Work Experience Needed :
Ten (10) years of progressive experience in public works field work, water distribution, sanitary collection systems, maintenance operations, or varied maintenance or construction work in sanitary, and water utilities; demonstrated proficiency in equipment operations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. At least five (5) years of supervisory work experience in this field, or a demonstrated ability to lead and command the respect of others will be necessary. Candidates with less experience but offset by key skills, training and education may be considered.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed :
· Extensive knowledge and skill in construction practices, methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the water distribution and sanitary sewer maintenance and repair field.
· Extensive knowledge in the operation, maintenance, and use of heavy construction and hydraulic pipeline cleaning equipment used in public utility operations and maintenance including large dump trucks, backhoes with various attachments and so on.
· Considerable knowledge of plumbing.
· Complete knowledge of OSHA Health and Safety Regulations pertaining to recordkeeping, traffic safety, personal protective equipment, trenching and shoring practices, respiratory protection, employee right-to-know, and confined space entry procedures.
· Strong ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and effectively communicate with others.
· Ability to skillfully direct and train in the use of a wide range of hand, power, and mechanical tools.
· Strong aptitude for understanding and working from maps, blueprints, sketches, and diagrams detailing streets, pipelines, and facilities and the use of computers for recordkeeping and data management.
· Strong ability to train, plan, organize, schedule, assign resources and coordinate the work of subordinate employees and crews.
· Ability to direct the performance of heavy and complicated manual labor for extended periods under adverse operating and climatic conditions.
· Strong desire for encouraging and working in a team atmosphere and ability to resolve conflicts within the crew.
· Willingness to work overtime and lead others during emergency conditions.
· Considerable knowledge of the materials, procedures, and equipment of the particular area of work.
· Ability to shift priorities frequently and effecitively perform under pressure.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
- Suez-Na Jobs