HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Radiology in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurseto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*_HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Registered Nurse – Radiology_*
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a423-bedacute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- The Imaging RN coordinates, supervises and provides safe and professional nursing care of patients.
- It will be very important that they utilize excellent customer service when interacting with all department patients, families, all hospital staff, and other Imaging customers.
- The Imaging RN offers the highest quality safe nursing care to patients in accordance with superior nursing service standards of practice , such care includes patient assessment, providing physician assistance during cases.
- Open to and actively seeks to improve and apply new skills.
- Understands actions of medications.
- Assures images from outside facilities are available for radiologist.
- Has knowledge of sterile technique and maintains during biopsy procedures.
- Obtains consents prior to procedures; assures all documentation is accurate and complete
- Enters orders in to Pathnet.
- Attends bi-weekly breast conference; participates in support group activities and meetings.
- Follows up on patient call backs and certified letters.
- Visits with post-op patients providing information about support, survivorship and follow up.
- Participates in performance improvement activities
- Ensures orders are valid and entered appropriately, ensures ordering physician is correct, documents pertinent information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas; BSN preferred.
- One-year medical surgical experience; prefer ICU/ER experience with knowledge of special procedures.
- BLS and ACLS from an AHA provider.
- This individual should have skills appropriate for assisting radiologist with invasive procedures. They must have good communication skills and computer skills.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Radiology
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Northwest
Requisition ID: 26920-134417