Kiewit Kiewit OGC Engineering - Piping Engineer Intern (Summer 2024) in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 169443
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
We are an innovative team of engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. This role is located in Houston, with the opportunity for flexible work.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery. Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position is based out of Houston, Texas. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Performs basic calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Seeks out more experienced engineer for guidance and expertise.
• Has solid foundation of understanding and ability to use technical knowledge.
• Expand knowledge through training and work experience.
• Learn codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Perform non-routine technical assignments of limited scope.
• Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program is required.
• Able to work full-time during 2022 summer
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suites and at least one design software.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
• Participates on teams effectively. Accepts direction from the team. Individually contributes to success of the team.
• Develops cooperative working relationships and open communication within and across groups, to work towards solutions that benefit all involved parties.
• Seeks expertise, advice and perspectives from a variety of sources.
• Consults with senior team members to receive direction for internal customers.
• Able to manage responsibilities and meet deadlines under supervision.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs