Greene, Tweed & Co. Facilities Manager in Houston, Texas
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
This position is responsible for directing, planning and managing the facilities and maintenance services at assigned Greene, Tweed site(s). As a priority, the facility manager is responsible for leading the planning, development and execution of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and championing continuous improvement initiatives in areas of productivity, safety, and quality. The Facility Manager will also be responsible for general upkeep of the facility, such as utilities oversight and equipment / building maintenance and repair. In addition to directly reporting to the Manufacturing Site Manager, the Facility Manager will indirectly report to the Senior Manager, Global Facilities and Property to ensure all local site actions are aligned with the ongoing facility strategic vision and site security strategy.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and oversee the TPM of facilities and equipment to increase machine utilization, as defined by facility targets.
• Establish and maintain department performance metrics and tools to ensure efficient execution of the maintenance support function. Identify and communicate trends, areas requiring investigation, and other indicators.
• Collaborate with Six Sigma and LEAN leaders to analyze, measure, and continuously improve processes, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
• Collaborate with the safety coordinator & engineers to ensure equipment and work stations have been designed and implemented with full ergonomic impact to minimize risk of injury.
• Produce capital requests. Monitor expenditures and provide feedback to project leaders on project status. Assist in determining feasibility and costs of future projects.
• Administer the facilities service budget. Work with finance on quarterly and annual budget plans and monitor / approve spend for equipment, supplies and services utilized within the department.
• Manage contracts and contractors engaged in site service support including, but not limited to landscaping and equipment maintenance.
• Generate and standardize operating procedures, policies and maintenance programs across value streams.
• Accountable for the timely completion of work orders to maintain the site.
• Collaborate with Asset Protection Manager to execute site security strategy
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with control systems and process equipment typically used in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong working knowledge of CMMS/EAM
• Previous experience identifying, deploying and executing Total Productive Maintenance strategy required
• Supervisory and project management experience required.
• Experience working in a highly regulated industry such as aerospace, automotive, biomedical, etc.
• Strong computer literacy, especially in MS Office.
• Working knowledge of SPC software & analysis methods preferred.
• Lean Practitioner or Six Sigma Green / Black Belt preferred.
• Experience in the development and management of service contracts is preferred.
• HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Greene, Tweed, a Federal Contractor, is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.
Where Inspiration Drives Innovation
At Greene Tweed we believe that our true capability as a technology-focused company comes from our employees. Every customer challenge is solved by a team, and members are engaged across departments. From engineering and manufacturing, to sales and marketing, we work together using cutting-edge technology to assess problems, recommend solutions, and bring them into reality.
The tools of social business bring voices from around the world together in collaboration. And advanced capabilities such as FEA and state-of-the-art laboratories allow for comprehensive testing, analysis, and predictive modeling. Our manufacturing facilities expand the limits of possibility in fabrication. And embedded Lean Six Sigma upholds the highest levels of quality and efficiency during production.
This process of development is fundamental to Greene Tweed’s ability to solve critical challenges. And it means going beyond the right tools, and seeking out the right people.
Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Greene, Tweed & Co. Jobs