Occidental Petroleum Consultant Commercial Strategy in Houston, Texas
Title: Consultant Commercial Strategy Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil and gas producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Commercial Strategy Advisor Sr. within our Domestic Onshore Supply Chain Management organization based in Houston, TX.
The ideal internal candidate should be customer service oriented, pays attention to detail, keen on building relationships and eager to achieve impactful results. We encourage all internal candidates from all functions within the business units and corporate groups with varying skillsets to apply! You will be provided hands-on training, tools and resources to be successful. There will be regional travel opportunities, as permitted.
In this role, you would act as a central point of contact between business unit proponents, vendor representatives, and other key stakeholders including HR and Legal. Maintaining lines of regular communication with vendors in the assigned categories, to determine availability, competencies, and cost competitiveness will be part of your day-to-day activities. You will always be looking for ways to identify and execute improvement opportunities to reduce overall cost related to equipment sourcing, transportation, inventory, or availability for projects.
Why should you consider working in Supply Chain as an exciting development opportunity?
In a development assignment as a Commercial Strategy Advisor Sr. in Supply Chain, the selected internal candidates will be prepared for future career opportunities within the Oxy organization due to skills gained in contract management, commercial analysis, and negotiations. Some of the experience gained includes knowledge of the procure-to-pay process, contract management best practices, supplier vetting, and sourcing strategy implementation. This exciting opportunity would help you develop the skills needed to have a proven record of accomplishment to deliver advantageous commercial results across a variety of capital and operating spend categories. Skills gained are transferrable to other functions within the business units and corporate groups.
A development assignment such as this provides the opportunity for several career paths within Oxy. Possible career paths within Supply Chain include planning and analysis, commodities and materials management, and sourcing and category management. Highly successful performers in these Supply Chain roles have grown into leadership roles within Supply Chain and throughout the Oxy organization.
Depending on the internal candidate’s skills and experience relative to the Supply Chain role’s skills requirements and responsibilities, promotional opportunities may be possible.
Do you have what it takes to be a Commercial Strategy Advisor Sr.?
Essential Job Duties:
- Managing major Drilling & Completions contracts and corresponding Procurement Strategies for domestic oil and gas assets. Contract management responsibilities include executing new contracts, term extensions, commercial amendments, and terminating non-utilized contracts
- Writing Purchase Orders, Service Orders and Blanket Orders to document the details of the transaction and to ensure contingencies are addressed
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating with Legal’s support the contract terms and conditions (master service agreements, commercial terms, and purchase orders, etc.)
- Driving the collaboration efforts with business and functional leadership in establishing and executing sourcing & value creation strategies for the corporation
- Communicating with internal stakeholders on strategy, policies/procedures, guidelines, and processes
- Drive corporate compliance to the preferred vendor program via end-user change management and communications programs
- Acting as the subject matter expert regarding contractual and financial aspects of service contracts
- Managing the full life cycle for Drilling & Completions categories by advising a proponent on the best fit vendor, executing the work order documents, evaluating vendor performance
- Acting as central point of contact between business unit proponents, vendor representatives, and other key stakeholders including HR and Legal
- Pre-qualifying new and re-qualify existing Suppliers, while assuring full compliance with the HES Contractor Safety Program
- Working in multiple ERP Systems modules (Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Supplier Registration, Sourcing Strategy, Contract Development and implementation, Supplier Performance and Contract Close out)
- Primary interface with Internal Audit (Supplier audits), Finance - A/P (Invoice reconciliation), HES (Contractor approval and set-up), and Risk Management (Insurance levels and exceptions)
- Monitor assigned contracts to ensure suppliers comply with the terms and conditions
- Monitoring and forecasting of inflationary impact on commercial agreements
- Participate in Supplier Performance MeetingsQualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, or Engineering
· Years of Experience - Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil/Gas industry focused on Drilling/Completions technical or commercial/SCM experience
· Experience in Drilling and Completions contract management and writing scopes of work
· Experience managing relationships with Managed Service Providers
· Willing to learn, positive attitude and open to a new exciting opportunity
· Has innovative ideas and wants to work in a challenging environment
· Strong time management skills, highly organized, and detailed oriented
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong cross-functional communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Strong knowledge of basic analytical and office collaboration software programs, like Spotfire, Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote and Teams.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, decisiveness, and sound judgment
· Comfortable with change in all its facets and assist others through change
· Candidate must be willing to collaborate with colleagues on multidisciplinary projects and departmental initiatives
· Comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
· Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems is a plus
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
United States-Colorado-Platteville, United States-Colorado-Denver
Occidental Oil & Gas Corp.