Occidental Petroleum Advisor Regulatory Sr in Houston, Texas
Title: Advisor Regulatory Sr Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Regulatory Analyst within our ORCM Regulatory group based in Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
· Manage all regulatory activities associated with drilling and operations of wells for assigned teams. States covered may include Texas, New Mexico, or Colorado
· Work with other teams to provide relevant inputs for planning future well locations that meet business and regulatory requirements
· Communicate permit and rule requirements to teams prior to upcoming operations to ensure compliance
· Compile and submit Drilling Permit applications, GAU and SWR 13 Exceptions, Completion Reports, Plugging Reports, UIC Permit applications, and other regulatory permits and reports
· Provide timely guidance to teams on permitting and operating requirements to ensure compliance during on-going operations
· Work with various teams and business units to resolve operation and production-related compliance issues, including inactive well compliance
· Document all activities in existing, and/or assist in developing new, compliance tracking and execution-assurance systems to provide transparency to internal and external team members
· Develop business relationships with professionals at regulatory agencies to ensure knowledge of the rules and compliance
It has come to our attention various individuals and/or organizations are contacting people falsely pretending to recruit on behalf of Oxy. Please be aware that these recruiting scams and communications do not originate nor are they associated with our recruitment process.
Oxy does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruiting process. We will never:
- Ask you to pay for applications, interviews, meetings, processing, training or for any other fees
- Use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind or
- Request personal information such as passport and bank account details at an early stage of our recruitment process.
We recommend against responding to unsolicited business propositions or offers from people you don't know. Do not disclose your personal or financial details. If you believe you have been the victim of a recruiting scam, please contact your local police department.
· Bachelor’s degree, STEM preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of oil and gas experience, drilling/completions experience preferred
· Ability to interpret regulatory requirements based on knowledge of oil and gas field operations
· Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Industry-specific applications; SQL desirable
· Skilled at communicating clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
· Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-task, customer service environment
· Good organization and time management skills
· Strong ethics, service attitude, team player
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.