John Deere Supply Management Material Planner in Horst, Niger
• Manage, schedule and expedite the delivery of purchased materials to meet production requirements and to ensure uninterrupted production.
• Work with the Supply Management Team to maintain an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measure the performance of the supplier and define corrective actions; negotiate with suppliers to resolve short-term performance problems.
• Work in multi-functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Order Fulfillment, etc.) to support and optimize the production plan.
• Coordinate and execute inventory plans using systems parameters and material replenishment strategies to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals.
• Drive continuous improvement of key performance indicators such as on-time delivery, inventory days of supply and transportation costs.
• Work proactively with Supply Management Team managing complex commodities and the supply base.
• Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product
• improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and execute the logistics requirements for the supplier concerning containers,
• packaging, methods and parameters; arranges agreements with the supplier on appropriate logistics processes before the start of production.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business, etc., preferably with working experience in a technical production environment.
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Knowledge of Material Replenishment Strategies (MRP, JIT, FIFO).
• Experience with SAP is an advantage.
• Strong communication skills (interpersonal and conflict resolution).
• Fluent in English. Dutch and German language is an advantage.
• Team-player and flexible attitude.
- John Deere Jobs