Queen's Health Systems RN First Assist - Operating Room (D/E) in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) is a registered nurse with specialized education, enabling the RNFA to directly assist the surgeon by controlling bleeding, providing wound exposure, suturing and other surgical tasks. These tasks are outside the scope of practice of registered nurses without first assistant training.
• The role of RNFA to the surgeon requires the performance of a combination of nursing and medical functions with the RNFA practicing under the supervision of the surgeon during surgery.
• The scope of practice of QMC RNFAs shall comply with State law regulating the practice of RNFAs (HAR, Title 16, Chapter 89 & HRS §457).
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential functions- Continuous: lifting up to 2 lbs., seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, fingering. Frequent to continuous: standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling.
• Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 psi, lifting up to 10 lbs., sitting, bending.
• Occasional to frequent: squatting, twisting.
• Occasional: pushing and pulling up to 70 psi; lifting: horizontal lift/carry up to 75 lbs. with assistance, floor to waist up to 35 lbs., waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs., overhead level up to 15 lbs.; carrying up to 35 lbs, running, climbing, side bending, kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
• Operates various machines/tools/work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable diseases.
• Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and hectic.
• Management of confused/disoriented and combative patients may involve tasks which may compromise physical safety.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii state license as a Registered Nurse.
• Graduate of a formal first assist program.
• Current BLS, ACLS, and CNOR certification. Certifications must be maintained.
• Three (3) years experience in perioperative nursing.
• Experience to demonstrate the following:
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
o Flexibility, sound judgment and adaptability in decision-making, problem solving, emergency management, and team building to function as an effective team member.
o Ability to maintain professional manner at all times.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
Queen Emma Tower 3 – Main Operating Room (OR) is a 24 hour/ 7 day a week facility which consists of 17 operating rooms with 3 equipped for open heart procedures. Service is provided to patients of all ages, birth to adult requiring major or minor surgical specialty services - Thoracic/Cardiovascular, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Gynecologic, Plastic, Dental/Maxillofacial, Otolaryngology, General, And Trauma surgery.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs