Queen's Health Systems Nurse Manager,Pre-Surgery Center/Kinau3 in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has 24-hour oversight and accountability for nursing unit(s) and assigned area(s), including administrative, clinical and operational management, consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
• Develops, establishes, and monitors plans and activities to ensure;
o Delivery of high-quality patient care and services.
o Effective planning and coordination of resources.
o Compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
o Achievement of goals and objectives.
• Participates in the long-term planning of assigned unit(s) and area(s).
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and monitors.
• Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases.
• Working environment is fast paced and may be stressful.
• Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State license as Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Depending upon area of assignment, specialty certification/training may be required.
• Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML), Nurse Executive (NE-BC) or Nurse Executive, Advanced (NEA-BC) certification preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years progressive experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility.
• Two (2) years supervisory/leadership experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NURSE MANAGER - PRE-SURGERY CENTER:
Current ACLS and PALS certification.
Of the five (5) years of progressive experience as an RN, at least two (2) years of experience must be in Pre/Post Op setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs