Queen's Health Systems Chief of Prim Care, Clin Prgm in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In partnership with the QMG President and Service Line Vice President (VP), the Chief of Primary Care works collaboratively in a dyad or triad leadership structure to define, establish, and oversee the work of the Primary Care Clinical Program. The Chief of Primary Care will provide leadership, strategic oversight, and support the development of a culture of high reliability and the measurement of care to identify opportunities, build and strengthen networks/relationships, execute on strategies to drive the performance and continuous improvement of the Clinical Program, and ensure financial sustainability. The Chief of Primary Care will work in partnership and collaborate with the Queen’s Clinically Integrated Physician Network (QCIPN) and the Queen’s Medical Group (QMG) to align with the health system’s strategic goals and initiatives.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax, printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious agents is an occupational risk; therefore, standard safety regulations must be maintained to avoid contamination.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
• Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
• Board certified physician in area of specialty with five (5) years of proven clinical practice preferred.
• Certification and/or coursework in practice management, project management, Six Sigma, LEAN, ATP (Advanced Training Program), or other appropriate area of study preferred.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Master’s in Health Care Management, Master’s in Public Health, or other business related field preferred.
• During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member of the QMC medical staff in good standing with appropriate privileges without restriction.
• Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
• Three (3) years of clinical experience working in a complex health system (i.e., hospitals, ambulatory clinics, rural health clinics, post-acute care, etc).
• Three (3) years of progressive leadership experience managing an integrated physician network with hospital and clinic operations, health care finance, managing payer contracting/reimbursement, regulatory environment, insurance industry trends and products, and health care delivery systems across the continuum.
• Must have in-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in the areas of physician practice management, physician recruitment, financial management, health insurance negotiations, marketing, billing and informatics systems, and human resources.
• Demonstrated experience in building an operational infrastructure that can support current business and projected growth for an organization with similar dynamics.
• Demonstrated experience with proven results:
o Ability to lead patient safety, quality, and clinical improvement initiatives.
o Exceptional relationship management and people skills who can work well with a diverse provider and employee base.
o Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
o Ability to think systematically and to organize and simplify diverse, complex information to facilitate decision making in a rapidly evolving health care market.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs