Queen's Health Systems Account Billing Specialist - Hospital Billing in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs accurate and timely billing of patient accounts in accordance with policies and procedures of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) and in compliance with federal, state, insurance carriers, health plans and other third party payor requirements.
• Ensures accurate claims submission to optimize revenue for the Medical Center.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: Essential: sitting, seeing, hearing, speaking, repetitive arm/hand motions, finger dexterity.
• Frequent: reaching above, at and below shoulder level, walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, twisting body, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Operates: telephone, computer, copier, typewriter, facsimile, and calculator.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent education.
• Completion of courses in accounting or bookkeeping highly desirable.
• One (1) year experience in medical insurance claims processing or billing. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or healthcare related field may be substituted for one (1) year experience in medical insurance claims processing or billing.
• Prior recent billing experience in an acute care facility setting highly desirable.
• Knowledge of government and third party regulations preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Accurate typing of 35 wpm preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs