Associated Food Stores Pharmacy Technician Trainee, Salt Lake City, UT (PT) in HOLLADAY, Utah
PAID TRAINING OPPORTUNITY!
- Pharmacy Technician Trainees assist the Pharmacist in the operations of the pharmacy
- Provide prescription product and appropriate customer service in compliance with federal and state laws and store policies and procedures
- Pharmacy Technician Trainees take all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals including: retrieves the product(s); counts; pours, or measures out the required quantity according to established company methods and procedures; and affixes the label permanently to the container.
- Respond to telephone requests from customers, physicians and vendors, within the scope of the law and defers to the pharmacist when necessary.
- Communicates and cooperates with peers, subordinates, managers, physicians, and customers in all pharmacy related areas in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with customer service guidelines.
- Pharmacy Technician Trainees assist with monthly CII audits.
- Understands correct procedures for billing, filling and dispensing products under CMS DMEPOS guidelines. Also understands and complies with complaint process.
- Ensures timely implementation of company policies, procedures and programs; and enforces professional and operational standards, including compliance with legal regulations.
- Maintains all state and federal record keeping for controlled substances.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES
- Pharmacy Technician Trainees accept the written prescription or refill information from customers; confirms completeness of patient record and requests missing information as appropriate, and retrieves the customer's pharmacy record(s) for verification.
- Accesses the pharmacy computer to obtain complete patient record (on both cash and third party prescriptions) and verifies third party plan parameters.
- Orders product from preferred wholesale entity first, then other appropriate source as necessary or warranted.
- Stocks pharmacy product orders to specific bay locations.
- Maintains inventory levels to company goals, rotates stock, and utilizes RX return process.
- Executes daily third party reports
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee cash register duties:
- Operates customer sales register by processing individual customer purchases over the scanner or utilizing a scan gun; accurately reads and records prices for items which will not scan.
- Totals customer order; collects cash, checks, credit cards, gift certificates, and coupons from customers; and enters amount and type of payment in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Accurately counts out appropriate change to customer.
- Bags all products and affixes the receipt to the bag.
- Adheres to Department Appearance Standards (DAS) and dress code standards.
- Knows the location of general over the counter merchandise.
- Assist with all necessary inventory reports.
- Monitors third party profitability by implementing the proper processing of third party plans
- Files paper and keeps pharmacy equipment and area clean and organized.
- Ensures that bags and vials are replenished, and that trash is removed and floor is swept.
- Attends company meetings for purposes of training, coordinating plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Performs competition price checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist, Store Director, Pharmacy Operations Manager, Corporate Management.
ENVIRONMENTA L FACTORS
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to compounding chemicals
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must hold a valid Pharmacy Technician Trainee license in the Sta e of Utah.
- Must complete all education and training requirements as required by law.
- Ability to readily adapt to changes in schedule specifications, and work priorities as the business and customer needs demand.
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team.
Must complete all required state, federal and company training programs. (i.e. HIPAA, Methamphetamine, FWA, I-pledge, etc.)
*DISCLAIMER *The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Associated Food Stores is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.