YMCA Program Coordinator in Hillsboro, Ohio
The Program Coordinator of the Highland County Branch is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all program activities for Aquatics, Day Camp and Sports.
Starting salary range \$15.05 - \$16.82/hour. Benefits for FT employees include free family membership, health & dental insurance, program discounts and optional retirement savings plan.
- Oversee and direct all operating aspects for Aquatics, Sports and Day Camp, managing program resources responsibly and meeting all regulations and standards. Adheres to ACA standards.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff. Onboard, develop, schedule and coach/motivate staff for development and maximum impact. Maintain regular clear and concise communication and handle staff issues promptly. Ensure all staff model equity, inclusion, cultural competence and global awareness in all areas of work.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with various groups and committees, including parents, volunteers, schools, and other organizations or agencies related to assigned programs.
- Produce informational material and brochures as needed for promotional and public relations use, in conjunction with branch marketing plans.
- Develop, manage and control department budgets.
- Maintain program equipment and program area with a high attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Actively teach aquatic classes and/or lifeguard as necessary.
- Assist with recording of pool chemicals and ongoing maintenance of pool area. Manages all aquatic daily statistics and records.
- Know, understand and consistently apply all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary. Ensures programs standards are met and safety procedures followed to ensure the safety and welfare of program participants.
- Provide ongoing in-service training and safety checks with the aquatic staff to ensure the safest environment possible. Be proactive to ensure staff have current and required certifications.
- Oversee the development and operations of other assigned programs (i.e., specialty sports camps, outdoor education programs, etc.) and ensure high quality programs through innovative program development and evaluations.
- Oversee support services for camp, such as registration, administration, food service and transportation. Prepare and complete applicable paperwork.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent and minimum of 21 years of age required with two (2) or more years of experience in program areas.
- Current YMCA lifeguarding or American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Swim Instructor certifications required or obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Physical and mental ability to maintain all required certifications -- Lifeguarding, Swim Instructor, CPR for Professional Rescuer, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration, Child Abuse Prevention and Recognizing Communicable Disease certification -- and complete all association required trainings.
- Experience in personnel supervision, recruitment, training, and development of staff.
- Good written/oral communication and organizational skills. Proven ability to exercise mature judgement and tact