ITW Senior Mechanical Engineer in High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This is a diverse role that sits between Manufacturing, Product Development and Customer Support functions. The primary function is to contribute to engineering support of current UK-produced product lines. This covers a wide range of products both servo hydraulic and electro-mechanical machines as well as the associated accessories. The work would cover dealing with product issues on the production lines, product improvements, value engineering and process improvements.
Other aspects to the role is providing engineering support to the technical support team where a detailed engineering investigation is required to understand a particular Customer problem.
The role also involves working with the product development team to ensure the smooth introduction of new products into manufacturing.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contribute to the engineering improvement activities of current products
· Contribute to value engineering activities to improve the manufacturing processes and techniques
· Provide technical support for Operational engineers and Service support Engineers
· Develop a fundamental understanding of the SH standard product range
· Contribute to Concurrent Product support process across the Low Force product range
· Adopt a root cause analysis approach to problems.
· Contribute design experience to ensure new products can be manufactured efficiently
· Ability to come up with solutions to manufacturing and field problems
· Ability to analyse problems and propose robust solutions
· Prepared to challenge the perceived way of doing things
· Commercially minded individual with a focus on continuous improvement
· Good organizational and project management skills.
· Ability to work well within a cross-functional and diverse team structure
· Detail orientated and focused on quality
· CAD experience would be an advantage
· Proven problem-solving Mechanical Engineering background
· Hydraulics experience would be an advantage
· Ability to work from first principles to solve problems
· Competent in the theoretical understanding of engineering and appreciates the practical hands-on element of engineering
· Demonstrates a curiosity and passion for engineering
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent and relevant professional experience.
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must have Right To Work in the UK.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- ITW Jobs