PDS Tech Inc Raw Material Sampler in High Point, North Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Raw Material Sampler in High Point, NC.
- Performs all raw material sampling and release functions. This includes materials handling in the areas of labeling, sampling and storing raw materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Verifies accuracy of sample paperwork against the labeling of the raw material containers.
Stages material in and returns material to appropriate warehouse locations.
Verifies scale calibration before use in sampling and records activity in the log book.
Removes samples of all raw materials from containers according to applicable sampling plans as defined in procedures and specifications, weighs and properly labels sample and records in log, and takes to QC laboratory for analysis.
Cleans sampling rooms and records activities in a log book.
As applicable, obtains list of material ready for outdated testing. Relocates material to re-test Quarantine area. Locate and pull materials for re-testing.
Monitor stocks of and orders sampling materials.
Applies release labels to raw material containers upon release in AS400.
Receives approved paperwork for rejected raw materials and creates and applies appropriate labels. Removes rejected material to staging area.
Performs other reasonable, related business duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Additionally, an individual must uphold the standards of conduct of the company, which include confidentiality, cooperation, and respect for people and property.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED and 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse, which must have included stand -up and narrow-aisle forklift experience, or equivalent amount of training and experience.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and reports. Ability to read and interpret documents such as Packing Slips, Bills of Lading, Purchase Orders, Picking Slips, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve problems involving a few variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand information contained in Material Safety Data Sheets and apply information to actions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use computer to create labels and to look up information. Ability to operate a forklift. Use of weighing tools including scoops, hand tools and weighing scales.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current certification to operate a forklift.
- Must meet applicable DEA security clearance requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may be required to push/pull/lift/carry up to 75 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is moderate.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Protective suit, respirator (full mask, half-mask), gloves, safety shoes, lab coat or uniform, safety glasses, hair protection.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs