Adidas America Senior Director IT Engineering (m/f/d) - Product Development in Herzogenaurach, Germany
Senior Director IT Engineering (m/f/d) - Product Development
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Through sports adidas has the power to change lives. Our mission is to be the best sports brand in the world. Billions of consumers and athletes know and love our product. Through digitalization we have the power to develop previously impossible footwear and apparel, and to talk to athletes and consumers about it, in ways that never were possible in the past.
Here is your opportunity to be part of the exciting team that is at the heart of the company.
In the role of Senior Director Product Development you will be the TECH partner for the whole adidas product development business worldwide. This includes build and operations of adidas core systems for Product Creation (Design to Development), focused on Product Lifecycle Management, Material Management, Product Testing and Costing. In this role you will motivate and develop a large team of engineers, consultants and experts in the field of software development, SRE and PLM.
• Establish strong relationships with product operations SVP and senior management teams.
• Be thought partner and innovator on how to reach great business results through digitalizing product development.
Solution development and operations
• Lead complete portfolio of product development TECH investments, through programs, projects and product area activities.
• Ensure that state of the art technologies and best practices for agile software development and introduction of solutions are applied and constantly improved.
• Implement a future proof and flexible solution architecture, in collaboration with domain architecture
• Ensure that the internal and external users can operate free of disruptions and with high availability and reliability on all systems in that process area.
• Maintain high levels of team engagement and commitment towards technology excellence and business results
• Develop and recruit team skills in line with technology needs and developments. Ensure that team know how stays current
• Build and maintain constructive and impactful relationships with key consultancy and solution vendors
• CIO and VP BCT
• SVP Product Operations
• GOPS VP Strategy and Programs, VP S&P POPS
• Product area owner Product Development
• Senior Director Digital Creation (TECH)
• Domain Architect BCT
• HR (Senior) Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient spoken and written command of English
• At least 15-year experience in IT & Software Engineering
• 12 years of experience in relevant area (Product Lifecycle Management and Product Creation (ideally with Sportswear, Footwear and Fashion)
• 10 years of experience in team management including professional grade
• Living or working outside home market
• Successfully lead and delivered large scale agile and multidisciplinary projects
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Senior Director IT Engineering (m/f/d) - Product Development
TEAM: Information Technology
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Jul 22, 2021
- Adidas America Jobs