Amazon Senior Data Center Project Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Data Center Project Architect to join its design team in Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; or Columbus, Ohio; or Herndon, VA
AWS designs, builds, and operates Data Centers (DC) around the world and is a leader in worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure.
Architects at AWS work to design resilient, cost effective DC facilities. Our team is responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers and drive to develop a fleet of buildings that emphasize security, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness, while finding new ways to meet AWS’s growing demand.
As a Senior DC Project Architect at AWS, you will lead designs for Amazon DCs in our Americas Region and impact other projects around the world. As a Senior DC Project Architect, you will be part of a highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers, and Designers tasked with solving problems and challenging the status quo. As a subject matter expert, you will have a direct impact on the design of prototypical DC facilities, provide technical guidance, solve large scale implementation issues, and be responsible for architectural design requirements.
· Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
· Maintenance of Basis of Design, prototype design, and template specifications for architectural elements.
· Review and inform design RFPs.
· Manage our external design consultants through the design and construction process.
· Coordinate with internal and external Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, and Cabling design engineers.
· Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
· Manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
· Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
· Travel for site assessments, internal design meetings, construction review, and interfacing with design consultants. Anticipated travel not to exceed 25%.
A day in the life
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud
platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers
from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and
services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster
a culture of inclusion that empower us to celebrate our differences. Ongoing events and learning
experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender
diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of
sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture.
When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer.
That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing
resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Columbus, OH, USA | Herndon, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
· NCARB recognized architecture license.
· 10+ years of design experience in commercial / industrial / other complex technical projects.
· 3+ years of Data Center or Mission Critical facility design experience.
· 5+ years leading sub-consultants and project teams.
· Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards including IBC or equivalent.
· Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
· Solid working proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite.
· Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards including IBC, IFC, NFPA, and Unified Facility Criteria (UFC).
· Experience designing projects to comply with ICD/ICS 705 accreditation requirements.
· Vendor and consultant management skills.
· Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to travel internationally.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $114,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs