HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Unit Secretary in Hermitage, Tennessee
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar Summit Medical Center as a Unit Secretary. Our facility is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Summit Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Unit Secretary for our 8th Floor PCU to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The department secretary is responsible for the clerical functions of the unit. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages teamwork.
- You will ensure the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- You will promote customer service initiatives.
- You will answers telephones and public inquiries appropriately and order supplies.
- You will actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- You will follow established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- You will attend in-service presentations and completes mandatory education, including but not limited to infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards.
Celebrating 25 years of providing quality healthcare to Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties, TriStar Summit is a 218-bed comprehensive facility offering a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. Our 24/7 Level III Trauma ER is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, which makes TriStar Summit a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Unit Secretary opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Meditech Experience
- Good Communication Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Unit Secretary
Location: Tennessee-Hermitage-Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00025-90057