Apex Systems Inc 6G5DI3-Structural Analysis Engineer 3 - 63Y-Structural Analysis (1336430) in Hazelwood, Missouri
Structual Analysis Engineer 3
Location: St. Louis, MO
Length: 1 year contract to start, potential to to perm
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to develop, integrate and document structural requirements to establish system design. The Structural Engineer will coordinate with other engineering groups to establish the product\'s environment, guide product design, and verify structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations, and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics, and performance.
The Structural Engineer will also be responsible for developing test plans and configurations, supporting test execution, and analyzing/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. They will define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied. Additionally, the Structural Engineer will support in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements, working under general direction.
- Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience with aerospace stress analysis and/or structural analysis using classical structural analysis methodology
- Experience with engineering fundamentals such as material properties, free-body diagrams, structural loads, and analysis methods
- Master\'s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics
- Experience with structural design principles for aircraft primary structures (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, and repair techniques)
- Combination of metallic and composite experience
- Experience performing hand calculations, CAD system (e.g., CATIA/ENOVIA), FEM software (e.g., ABAQUS, PATRAN/NASTRAN, Hyperworks)
- Experience with Aircraft Primary Structures on Boeing Commercial Derivatives - Commercial and/or Military applications
- Active U.S. Secret Clearance
Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years\' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years\' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department firstname.lastname@example.org 844-463-6178.
\ VEVRAA Federal Contractor\ We request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.\ We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluat qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is availablehere.