ICON Clinical Research Feasibility Manager in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage the process of clinical project feasibility studies and provide strategic recruitment planning and site ID support to the proposal and project teams. The role assists Business Development with the generation of cost proposals providing input and advice regarding operational strategy to support client interactions and long term strategic partnerships. It is accountable for any recommendations made and assesses their impact on project delivery. It is also responsible for project feasibility assessment and recruitment planning along with supporting business development actives.
• Conduct appropriate evidence based feasibility to establish the operational viability of proposed projects, through the verification of data relating to i) previous study performance metrics, performed in similar indication/patient population ii) previous feasibility data and iii) Development of external feasibility studies and consultation with internal/external experts and the wider Investigator community.
• Lead the strategic feasibility and recruitment planning discussion at internal proposal/project kick-off meeting
• Assemble and lead a virtual team during the feasibility and site ID process to collect relevant, high quality data.
• Develop appropriate site selection and patient recruitment and retention plans, including the management of the site selection process / recruitment plan implementation as required
• Initiate, conduct, coordinate and report feasibility studies with support from operational departments, as appropriate
• Conduct feasibility analysis and prepare detailed client reports
• Preparation of the feasibility, site selection and patient recruitment plan for the proposal.
• Preparation for and attend bid defense meetings, as required
• Preparation of internal project information to support ad hoc requests for information from clients
• Development of evidence based material to assist clients with project planning and design initiatives.
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• Line Management responsibility for junior feasibility team members
You will need:
• Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level or local equivalent.
• A background in medicine, science or other relevant discipline with a substantial international experience in clinical drug development across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
• At least 4 years relevant experience in drug development, with some evidence of having conducted with feasibility, recruitment planning, site selection for global studies.
• Highly developed planning and interpersonal skills. Must be able to resolve conflicting priorities to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication, written and oral. The candidate must be able to produce reports to a high standard and review the quality and content of any reports produced by the team. Fluency in English is essential.
• Be an accomplished negotiator with the ability to influence and present to small and large groups.
• Solid clinical operational background with a good commercial awareness
• Competent computer skills including extensive knowledge of literature and internet search.
• Highly developed analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to liaise effectively across departments, with senior management, clinical project teams, clients and experts inside and outside ICON.
• A strong team player, with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently. The candidate must be able to multi-task and work well within a high pace pressurized environment.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
ICON Clinical Research
- ICON Clinical Research Jobs