AMETEK, Inc. Senior Financial Analyst in Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: 19346
Functional Area: Finance
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Harleysville
Division: AHV - Aerospace & Defense
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 5.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
The Senior Financial Analyst is an essential member of the PDS Finance team responsible for the timely preparation of division financial reports, forecasting and budgeting. The incumbent will participate in the assurance of GAAP compliant accounting practices and accounting records. This position reports directly to the PDS Business Unit Controller.
Directs, coordinates, and participates in the preparation of annual budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation. Recommends course corrections.
• Completes monthly financial closings, forecasting and required financial reporting.
• Develop monthly forecast for cost center spend as well as forecasting spend
• Accountable for forecasting working capital and communicating gaps to meet budget.
• Responsible for providing weekly and monthly commentary for senior management around Operation’s performance vs. forecast.
• Accountable for preparing and managing the KPI file reviewed monthly.
• Assist with closing the general ledger at month end which includes preparing account reconciliations and submitting Corporate required webforms.
• Compile and analyze financial information to help prepare and submit journal entries involving revenue and expense and balance sheet accounts for cash, account receivable, intercompany, accounts payable, accruals, and equity.
• Analyze cost center spend to understand variances to budget/forecast and then review with cost center owner on monthly basis.
• Responsible for intercompany accounting and preparing Intercompany Global scorecard.
• Help prepare tax information for year-end filing which will be coordinated with Corporate tax.
• Coordinate Sales and Use Tax Audits and assist with external audits.
• Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Utilize financial databases and computer software systems for inputting and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
Ad hoc analysis as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting and/or Finance
• MBA/CPA preferred
• Two to four years related experience and/or training
• Manufacturing Finance experience in a mid-sized to large company required, along with strong Business Partnership skills.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of GAAP and Accounting Standards
• Experience supporting audits including internal, external, SOX and tax.
• Computer skills to include Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Hyperion Enterprise, and Oracle experience a plus.
• A key requirement is the ability to be hands on with the ability to see the big picture.
• Strong communication, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills well developed problem-solving skills.
• Well organized and self-directed with the ability to relate to all level of an organization. Attention to detail, very strong work ethic and high energy. Must be a team player and have ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines. Strong planning skills.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally and who is willing to relocate in the future.
• Travel: Minimal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.