Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer - Paint Shop Controls in Hagatna, Guam
Manufacturing Engineer - Paint Shop Controls
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles we're known for. In our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. You'll get the satisfaction of making great products people use and love.
Ford’s Model E team is charged with delivering the company’s vision of a fully electric transportation future. Model e is customer-obsessed, entrepreneurial, and data-driven and is dedicated to delivering industry-leading customer experience for electric vehicle buyers and owners. You’ll join an agile team of doers pioneering our EV future by working collaboratively, staying focused on only what matters, and delivering excellence day in and day out. Join us to make positive change by helping build a better world where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.
What you'll do...
The Paint Engineering Electrical/Controls Engineer will develop and lead process, equipment & facility development related to current and new electrical/controls technologies.
In this role you will work in 4 primary areas:
• Develop and improve existing and new process and equipment controls and monitoring standards, test methods, and specifications for the design, specifications and procedures related to electrical/controls systems to improve current and future vehicle programs and manufacturing processes. Including:
IIoT standards and specifications
PLC software and hardware (Process Equipment and Conveyors)
HMI Hardware and software
Ethernet and IT connectivity and conformity
Future Architect for software tools:
Ethernet utilization and loading calculator, fault message generator and Logic Validation tool.
Global Risk Assessment Development
• Supplier interface for questions and conformity
• Consult on the electrical/controls aspects during the introduction of new advanced technologies and specifications throughout Vehicle Operations.
• Provide technical assistance, implementation assistance, downtime support, training and coaching to Plants and VOME.
• Creatively apply technology to the paint shop environment.
• Leverage of suppliers in the planning, development, and implementation of paint finishing systems and processes.
• Experience in using problem solving methodologies, trouble shooting, system development tools.
• Develop cost models and business cases as applied to controls and IT connectivity methodologies.
• Interact with supply base, equipment & component manufacturers, on a global basis.
• Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of management
• Travel and work in U.S., and abroad (Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Asia) up to 60% of the time.
• Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, or Chemical preferred)
• 5+ years of manufacturing controls experience
• 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, project design and construction environment.
• 3+ years of experience in power distribution systems.
Even better, you may have...
• Experience with equipment Process Monitoring & Control Systems (FIS), Process Data Collection, including AIS, IIot as it pertains to DXQ and DIS
• Experience with ASRS (Automatic Storage and Retrieval System) controls.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
Requisition ID : 15936
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company Jobs