Discover Application Engineer in Hagatna, Guam
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Ourcollaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together.And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be an active contributor to assisting Discover’s modernization journey by building and releasing reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
· Completes most features and user stories including test cases and automation unattended
· Learns more complex software engineering practices such as domain driven design, test driven development, operations, and security
· Contributes to agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms, and participates in technology communities
· Participates in system design decisions and learns how these decisions impact the product as a whole
· Learns to support production systems and understands how observed events and failures impact the product
· You will work in an extreme programming environment
· You will be conducting your own test driven and behavioral development
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you
Bachelors – Computer Science or related
3+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
· Experience moving from legacy to a cloud environment using AWS
· Performance testing experience using Gatling and testing framework Cucumber
· Hands on experience with KAFKA, Postgres, OpenShift and Microservices API is highly preferred
· The chosen candidate should have sharp communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer(EEO is the law) (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
- Discover Jobs