IGT Systems Engineer II in Gulfport, Mississippi
Systems Engineer II
Las Vegas, NV, US, 89119IN Statewide, IN, USNJ Statewide, NJ, USND Statewide, ND, USFL Statewide, FL, USWI Statewide, WI, USNC Statewide, NC, USWA Statewide, WA, USMD Statewide, MD, USWV Statewide, WV, USNH Statewide, NH, USAZ Statewide, AZ, USMT Statewide, MT, USCA Statewide, CA, USMI Statewide, MI, USRI Statewide, RI, USOH Statewide, OH, USPA Statewide, PA, USOK Statewide, OK, USNE Statewide, NE, USReno, NV, US, 89521GA Statewide, GA, USDE Statewide, DE, USCT Statewide, CT, USID Statewide, ID, USTX Statewide, TX, USMS Statewide, MS, USNM Statewide, NM, USMO Statewide, MO, USLA Statewide, LA, USUT Statewide, UT, USVA Statewide, VA, USSD Statewide, SD, USIL Statewide, IL, USME Statewide, ME, USKY Statewide, KY, USNY Statewide, NY, USGulfport, MS, US, 39503WY Statewide, WY, USDC Statewide, DC, USKS Statewide, KS, USNV Statewide, NV, USOR Statewide, OR, USStatewide, SC, USAL Statewide, AL, USMA Statewide, MA, USIA Statewide, IA, USCO Statewide, CO, USTN Statewide, TN, USAR Statewide, AR, USMN Statewide, MN, US
Requisition ID: 13973
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Travel around the US, and in some cases around the world, working as the hands-on systems integrator, of IGT’s propriety systems, at our client sites. Their technical library is vast across a platform that will involve the deployment of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, VMware, Networking in a shared storage environment. If you thrive on having your hands in a little bit of everything, traveling all over, going from project to project, our ingenious integration team wants you to get into the game.
Systems Engineers who are part of our Systems Support team provide phone-based and remote dial-in technical support to domestic and international systems customers, including Field Engineers who are diagnosing and troubleshooting complex problems with IGT systems installed on customer sites.
• This position leverages advanced in-depth field and technical expertise in IGT systems products to lead complex and technical analyses to diagnose and solve systems problems, and to lead and executes the full scope of large, complex troubleshooting assignments that involve multiple technology systems; technical issues being addressed may be related to, but not limited to hardware, software, database, firewall and/or the network.
• Work in the field one month each year to ensure continued familiarity with field conditions and to temporarily substitute for a field trainer.
• Participate in the development and deployment of Field Support strategies and operating plans and through the completion of assigned projects, work to achieve the strategies of the Global Support Center.
• Work on process improvement, creating new methods, policies and processes.
• Lead in contributing to new and modified equipment and specifications and processes for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems.
• Lead and mentor less senior support engineers and work on clearing logged open cases focusing on complex problems.
• Other duties as assigned by management staff.
First Year Goals:
Your involvement as a System Engineer will allow you to gain the latest knowledge keeping your technology skillset fresh and current. After the first year, you will have gained the necessary skillset required to perform Support SE functions and possibly Primary SE functions. The Primary SE role is assigned to you from the Project Manager for each project. The role of the Primary SE is to coordinate and manage all SE tasks for the project. The Support SE role assists and is sometimes assigned tasks by the Primary SE. You and your supervisor will identify what your passion is and make sure a development plan is created that helps you grow in your passion area.
• Shadow and then Support assigned IGT domestic systems installations, and upgrades of IGT’s twenty plus Gaming Systems software applications.
• Utilize the latest technology of operating systems, relational databases, and network infrastructures as it relates to installations and upgrades and virtualization ensuring you and IGT remain the leader in the industry contributing to IGT’s bottom line.
• Put your superior troubleshooting skills in play solving field problems with upgrades and new installations helping the Systems Integration team triumph with 100% client satisfaction.
This is predominantly a remote from home position. We prefer employees reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, Reno, Nevada or Gulfport, Mississippi.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Ability to travel on average 15%
• Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot Windows 2003/2008R2, SQL 2005/2008R2 deployment/administration, network infrastructure (Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, SonicWall), load balancers (A10, F5), design, server clustering, virtual infrastructure (VMware, HyperV) and Storage Area Networks (NETAPP) configuration and administration.
• Experience in CMDB, ITIL practices or hardware/software set-up and installation.
• Experience with setting up network design and implementation.
• Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Networking and Storage Area Networks are a plus.
• SQL Scripting as well as PowerShell/VBS/C# scripting.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
#LI #IGT #BelongWithIGT #belonging #Global #diversitymatters #careers
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
At IGT, we consider a wide range of factors in determining compensation, including background, skills, experience, and work location. These factors can cause your compensation to vary. The estimated starting compensation range is $50,000-$101,000. The actual pay offered may end up being higher or lower. The Company will comply with all local pay requirements and collective bargaining agreements, where applicable.
Base pay is only one part of our Total Rewards program. Sales roles may be eligible for commission payments, while other roles are eligible for discretionary bonuses. In addition, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, health, dental, and vision insurance, life, accident, and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, wellness programs, and identity theft insurance. Note: programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
- IGT Jobs